Probiotic-strain characterisation and optimisation
In collaboration with our academic partner, the Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre (independently ranked #2 in the world for probiotic research by Thompson Reuters), Atlantia can provide Clinical Food Trials and GI health trials, offering the following services for client probiotic strains:
- Complete genome sequencing and annotation of probiotic strains
- Functional gene characterisation and protein expression
- Microbial bioactive screening and identification
- Optimal probiotic growth conditions – nutrients, prebiotics, susceptibility to phage etc.
- Probiotic production, stability and shelf-life
- In vitro cell-based and pre-clinical expertise to ascertain mechanisms of action
- Probiotic viability and efficacy in GI tract
- Translocation across the GI epithelium
- Inter-individual variability – Next Generation sequencing of microbiota
Human Intervention Studies
Atlantia Staff have extensive experience in carrying out clinical trials with probiotics in health areas such as GI discomfort, constipation, IBS, sports nutrition, stress etc. We work in partnership with our clients at all stages of the clinical study, including
- Pre-trial consulting, feasibility evaluation, study design
- Regulatory submissions/ ethical approvals
- Subject recruitment/ study execution
- Sample and data analysis
- Comprehensive study report
- Publication in peer reviewed academic journals, if required
Consultancy on EFSA dossier
Frequently companies lack the in-house expertise to dissect and understand clinical results. With Atlantia you can get a full debrief consultation from our expert team and clinicians, and recommendations on possible next steps towards gaining a positive EFSA opinion. Atlantia can also prepare, or assist with, regulatory agency dossiers.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss your research needs. We would be delighted to demonstrate our flexible and cost effective approach, and progress your ideas in order to realise their full potential in the market. We can design a tailor-made project suite, allowing you to use as much or as little of our expertise as you need.