An exciting opportunity has arisen with Atlantia Food Clinical Trials for an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager will have a leading role in planning, coordinating and completing clinical research projects in the areas of functional foods and supplements. They will need excellent communication, presentation skills and the ability to organise both themselves and others. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of clinical research studies and will work closely with the Principal Investigators to ensure their successful completion. The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall conduct of clinical trials, including appropriate planning and rigorous execution of trials to the highest standards, whilst delivering projects on time, within budget and to the client specifications. The Operations Manager will be an integral part of the core management team.
The Operations Manager’s responsibility is to ensure effective communication during all stages of the clinical study from protocol design to final clinical study report. The Operations Manager will coordinate the team of project managers, research nurses, clinical trials assistants and research assistants. The Operations Manager needs to be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, be flexible, have excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team.
· Support the development of the Operations revenue and expense budgets, within the context of the overall Atlantia Food Clinical Trials budget and forecasts, developing financial models and projections as necessary.
· Successful completion of projects on-time, with appropriate resources, to high quality levels;
· Management of project team to ensure project deliverables are being met, on time and within budget;
· Assist in the preparation of clinical trial applications to the Ethics Committee and where appropriate the HPRA, for the conduct of clinical trials;
· Coordinate the assignment of resources with other team members. Develop project schedules for all projects and communicate clearly to the project team;
· Liaise with Business Development, Marketing, Customer Service, etc as required, to support business objectives.
· Ensure up-front pre-requisite items are in place to support the project (e.g. client deliverables, customer requirements/solution specification, etc);
· Team communications ensuring clear informed, supportive, co-operative ethos towards a common objective;
· Manage all staff, set objectives and conduct performance reviews, defining training and upskilling needs and recruitment schedule to foster growth of the team;
· Ensure all trial procedures are developed according to the relevant Good Clinical Practice and Data Protection Guidelines and SOPs;
· Ensure all QMS SOPs and Policies are in conformance with ISO Quality Standards and play an active role in the development of continuous improvement initiatives.
· Ensure adherence to appropriate regulations governing Data usage (GDPR).
· Employ standard project management techniques to achieve the project goals and objectives in a timely fashion and to pick up and resolve problems early;
· Carry out projects with a view to adding to the library of general SOPs required for clinical research;
· Negotiate and liaise with sub-contractors and clinical trial partners regarding budgets and timelines and to meet pre-agreed deliverables;
· Ongoing reporting to CEO and Management Team on the status of projects;
· Provide ongoing feedback to CEO regarding the individual performance of team members;
· Travel as required (nationally and internationally) to existing Clients, Seminars, Events, Company meetings etc.,
· Other responsibilities may be assigned as required.
Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in project management, and/or managing clinical trials or similar health/food related projects;
· Degree or Masters level qualification in a relevant scientific/healthcare/food science field;
· Knowledge of MS Project or similar software tools for project planning and monitoring;
· Effective Written and Verbal Communication skills;
· Effective customer liaison and negotiation skills;
· Effective skills in cross-cultural management and relationship development;
· Ability to manage time and competing priorities effectively;
· Ability to manage Customer Feedback.